Thursday, August 26, 2010

EUROPE 2010 - ALPINE BLISS


ALPINE BLISS BLOG

AUGUST 18 TO OCTOBER 12, 2010

A 7 week trip to the Swiss and Austrian Alps


I go to Europe because I can. We lived in France for a year when I was in the 5th grade, then another year during my 9th grade, and in 1975 my Dad took me hut to hut trekking in Switzerland. I love the high mountains of Switzerland. This will be my 13th trip to Europe. I am in search of adventure and alpine bliss. I`ll be accompanied for the first 2 weeks by my friend Mike Fernandez. I also want my MOJO back after being battered in real estate for the last 3 years.


THE PLAN

Aug 19-21 Zug, Zurich Weltklasse Diamond League Track and Field Meet

Aug 21-25 Zermatt, das Matterhorn

Aug 25-31 Grindelwald, Eiger, Jungfrau

Sept 1-4 Murren to Kandersteg, hut to hut

Sept 5-9 Lechtaler Alps, Austria

Sept 9-14 Stubai Alps, Austria

Sept 15-17 Vienna, Danube River

Sept 18-28 Tour du Mont Blanc, 9 days around Mt. Blanc

Sept 29 - Oct 2 Chamonix, Mer de Glace

Oct 3-6 Payerne, Switzerland, 12K Morat - Friburg race

Oct 6-10 Luzern

Oct 10-12 Zug

Oct 12 Fly home

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kev! just great. That really looks like an adventure (specially with a snoring guy).
    How come France is not on the agenda, thought we would get a visit at some point.
    We'll keep checking your blog for sure.

    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin!

    Your Alpine Bliss Blog is great, including the wonderful pictures. I added your blogsite to my list of "favorites" so I can click it right up.

    I was startled to find the videos with sound on the blog. You are definitely a techie! I especially enjoyed listening to the four Swiss alpine horn-blowers from Zermatt (so I played it a few times).

    The hostels, huts (and probably the matratzenlagers) have gone up in price, a lot! However, I gather the snoring in the huts goes on in the traditional manner.

    I liked seeing the Hornli Hutte up close. I can always pick it out on the ridge in photos of the Matterhorn taken from Zermatt (including yours), but I only visited it once, with you, and as I recall we took the lift as far up as it would take us.

    I hope your Alpine Bliss so far is a sign of more to come.

    Love from Dad

    ReplyDelete